Thursday, October 9, 2008

Do the numbers - your followers - matter?

Chris Brogan deserves a little pride in having amassed a following of readers, he's giving daily advice and ideas that are useful. Well done.
clipped from www.chrisbrogan.com

Blogging is Not a Numbers Game- Or Is It

Today marks a milestone in my RSS subscribers. I just crossed 10,000 people reading me
I mentioned crossing into the Technorati Top 100 last week (or the week before; I’m losing track of days). That’s another one of those milestones that I was pleased by, but also mostly silently counting. A year ago, at the first Blog World Expo, I went to the Technorati booth, where they were handing out stickers for your blog rank. I was 3,274. So, it took me a full year of blogging my head off and getting mentions from other bloggers (that’s how Technorati decides rank) to move up.
numbers
 blog it

No comments: