Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Valparaiso native earns honor

Adrian Jones - the "boy wonder" as he's called by Mayor Jon Costas, was honored as one of consulting magazines 30 under 30. Well deserved great job Adrian.
Category:   30 under Thirty
Consulting Magazine.com
Adrian Jones, Consultant, Bain & Company
While most high school seniors were putting the finishing touches on their
college entrance applications, Adrian Jones was preparing a plan to unseat a
popular mayor in his hometown. At the age of 17, Jones was serving as a campaign
director for his neighbor, Jon Costas, in a mayoral run in Valparaiso, Ind. “I
love the ability to make a difference in the community, and that’s one reason I
love local politics,” Jones says. “And I’m passionate about Valparaiso. This is
where I grew up, and I look at it as giving back to my community.”
He’s currently a member of the private equity practice, but he’s done “a little
bit of everything at Bain,” and that includes another one of his
passions—travel. Jones has traveled to 67 countries and is currently working in
Stockholm, Sweden, “trying to build a bigger global perspective on how business
operates,” Jones says. “I think that perspective will be very beneficial.”
 blog it

No comments: