Saturday, December 1, 2007

Northwest Indiana's Best Blogs - 48 Total


Update: Still adding and deleting, some new ones and some that just aren't active any longer. Dec 3rd. Up to 48 now.


The order of the list is still in flux, as I'm trying to use Technorati to rate and it isn't giving me what I hoped for. If your site is well down the site, it's mostly because I haven't written much about it yet. So send me some bio info so I can get the write-up completed.





  1. Synergy Thoughts My own Northwest Indiana home building and real estate blog, Authority level of 39 on Technorati.

  2. Life and Lawns Authority level 19 on Technorati

  3. ChristopherHedges Authority level of 15 on Technorati

  4. Northwest Indiana Comical Politics Authority level of 2 on Technorati.

  5. Region Review Willems Realtors Northwest Indiana Review. Authority level of 3 on Technorati.

  6. Daltons Briefs on Active Rain Musings on Real Estate and Home Building in Northwest Indiana. Listed as 11 reactions, no authority on Technorati.

  7. NWI Times Interact Most active message board that I've found. There are probably 100 active members, join the debate, lots of members but not enough that are involved in the action. As a message board format not ranked. Listed as 4 reactions and no authority on Technorati.

  8. Northwest Indiana Online . Listed as 1 reaction and no authority on Technorati.

  9. 219.com Home of former Porter Township Trustee Bob Wichlinski, some terrific articles on Northwest Indiana issues. Listed as 1 reaction and no authority on Technorati.
  10. Peaclver's Semi-Regular Blog - featuring posts about the Calumet Region. Joe Kaminski, Author of Peaclver's Semi Regular Blog and Author of "In the Company of Legends" on Booklocker.com One blog reaction on Technorati

  11. Rabbi Zalmanov's Blog Rabbi Eliezer Zalmanov is the director of Chabad of Northwest Indiana. Listed as one reaction and no authority of Technorati
  12. No Illiana Tollway News and Opinion about the proposed Illiana Expressway Toll Road from I-65 in Northwest Indiana to I-57 in Will County, Illinois. 16 reactions on Technorati.

  13. Thomko Petro This particular blog evolved with promoting Thomko Petro Chemical. The author started blogging on the petrochemical and oil industry, the blog soon took on other subjects of interest, along with current events. Authority level 10 on Technorati

  14. Home Staging Kim is an ASP Stager in Northwest Indiana, serving both Porter and Lake Counties. Increase the salability of your listings with my staging services. Visit my website for before and after photos! 6 reactions and an authority of 2 on Technorati.

  15. Home Staging on Active Rain More from Kimberly Wester. 3 blog reactions on Technorati.

  16. Daltons Briefs - written by me (Steve Dalton) and sometimes features real estate, or mortgages, or even politics. 12 blog reactions on Technorati.

  17. On Deadline with Phil Potempa of NWI Times Authority level 4 on Technorati

  18. Music with Mike Clark of NWI Times No reactions or authority

  19. Prep SportsOpinions with Mark Keisling of NWI Times Level 2 authority

  20. VU with David Robb of NWI Times

  21. Real Estate and Community Info Ronda Meyers-Waters

  22. All about Chocolate
  23. Porter County Politics Political stories and opinions with a decidedly conservative slant. Authority level 4 on Technorati.

  24. Central Baptist Church of Hobart Indiana

  25. Northwest Indiana Region Review

  26. http://www.cruizersworld.com/

  27. dogparkdiary.blogspot.com
  28. http://www.myfavorite80s.blogspot.com/ Authority level 9 on Technorati

  29. Chuck Dellorto on Active Rain

  30. Suzanne Willems on Active Rain

  31. Jeff and Grace Saffrin on Active Rain

  32. Ronda Myers-Waters on Active Rain

  33. Jana Caudill on Active Rain
  34. The Valpo Core - VU blog on Fifth Hour activities

  35. Kroencke Knew - IT and techy

  36. Programming Czar - More IT

  37. The Blue Light - Essay tips

  38. Writing under the pressure of technology - The title says it all

  39. Chapel of the Resurrection PodcastsBrauer Museum of Art Blog

  40. Southshore Progressive Authority level 6 on Technorati

  41. Life in Lake County

  42. Lake County Comical Politics 50 blog reactions on Technorati
  43. Region Life - another NW Indiana blog by Christopher Hedges
  44. Blue County Red State
  45. Hammond Ramblings
  46. Region Broad
  47. NW Indiana Home Loan Guy
  48. Young Fence News





I'll be happy to organize them differently, or use another ranking system if someone suggests so, if you are one of the authors, send me a brief description of the site so I can fill in some of the blanks.

As authors email me I am updating and moving them around.

9 comments:

Allyn Paul said...

That's a great list. What's next..a convention at the Star Plaza? LOL
AL

D said...

allyn, still looking for active writers. Not many of these sites are actually active, daily or weekly posters.

One problem with so few bloggers in NW Indiana is that we don't have that natural support system that a Seattle or Austin Texas has, where you get lots of feed readers, links, and comments from the people in your region.

joe kaminski said...

Hi!

I'm one of those bloggers on your list. My blog, Peaclver's Semi-Regular Blog, talks about the Calumet Region as well as other topics!

Joe Kaminski, Author of Peaclver's Semi Regular Blog and Author of "In the Company of Legends" on Booklocker.com

D said...

Thanks for the update Joe. I'm making revisions and updating as I get feedback from authors. I'm also encouraging all the authors to give each other links so we can start to build some NW Indiana traffic.

joe kaminski said...

I'll try and add some of the blogs on my blog roll!

Chris Hedges said...

Hi Steve,

This is a great list! I'd like to see NWI's blogging community grow and become vibrant like Indianapolis' and Fort Wayne's are.

One idea for everyone wanting to grow their blog is to check out Blognetnews.com/indiana and sign up to get listed since it pulls together blogs all over the place into one location.

Allyn Paul said...

Steve,
WOuld you do me a favor and change the link to "life and lawns" to my new domain?
http://lifeandlawns.com

Also, I'd like to put a link to your blog in my "friends" list. Which one of your blogs would you like me to link to?

Here's more NWI blogs:
www.bryansviews.blogspot.com
www.visavis80.blogspot.com

thanks,
AL

D said...

Allyn, I think I've got your link updated correct, please check.

Allyn Paul said...

looks good...thanks Steve,

AL